The Parish of Logie, one of the oldest in Scotland, nestles at the foot of the Ochil Hills north of the River Forth at Stirling. The area is rich in history. The parish dates from the original division of Scotland into parishes by King David I (1124 - 1153) and is dominated by the Wallace Monument. The first church at Logie was dedicated to St. Serf confirmed as the possession of the Cmonstery of North Berwick and a record is made of a Ysaac Micaele, clerk parson of "Logie" around the year 1210.
The first church at Logie was built around the year 1380 and would have been Roman Catholic until the Reformation in 1560. In about 1790 the old Kirk was in a state of disrepair and because of its ruinous state the Heritors agreed to build a new Church. Sir Robert Abercromby of Airthrey gifted a plot of land south of the Old Kirk. The new church was built on the present site and we recently celebrated the 200 year anniversay. The Kirk was extended in around 1899 - 1901 to include a chancel and a vestibule providing a new entrance. The Kirk was rededicated in 1901.
Over the years many gifts have been donated such as furniture, stained glass windows, bibles, hymn books, lecterns and many more in memory of a loved one or to improve the quality of services.most recently disabled access has been improved, a new sound system with facilities for the hard of hearing has been installed and an area for wheel chair use has been established.
This is only a brief summary of our Kirk's history. In 2000 a modern "History of Logie" was published and is available for sale at Sunday worship or through our office email at a cost of £5 including postage.
To commemorate the Bicentenary year of the Kirk a plaque was built into the front wall of the building. This has a capsule fitted in behind it containing several artefacts from all age groups who gathered to celebrate the occasion.